Friday, May 2, 2014

Intention

Week #18 - the letter "I" again
Intention: noun 1. an act or instance of determining mentally upon some action or result. 
Intention is a core concept in ritual and in magick/spellwork.  An intention is a purpose, a goal, and/or a determination to achieve something. It is an attitude toward the effect of one's actions or conduct. To me, intentions are simple, easy, and most of all, achievable. They can be small steps towards a larger goal or they may be the goal itself. 

Without intention, you are not focused on what it is you wish to achieve.  It is important that you make your intention as clear and precise as possible.  Not doing so can backfire on you or others. Intention gives a focus and a clearly defined goal.  Your energies flow in the direction of your intention.  And it is your energy that puts the magick out into the world. 

Intention is key to so much...in life, in magick, in service, in relationships.  Give it some thought and think about it.  What if you set an intention for your day every morning?  Would it change your outlook on life?  Could it over time?

My intentions are what keep me going.  They keep me learning and they keep me going. I have spiritual intentions and personal intentions.  Intentions lead to results so be sure to keep your intentions positive.  Find motivation in your world and work towards it each an every day. 

Intentions are important on so many levels.  They may not have a spotlight role in my spirituality and my practice, but they are behind the scenes helping to keep everything mindful and moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment