Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mud

mud [muhd] noun
1. wet, soft earth or earthy matter, as on the ground after rain, at the bottom of a pond, or along the banks of a river; mire.
Photo by Alpay Erdem/2014 Sony World Photography Awards
In my post on the Elements, I said I was quite balanced between Earth and Water and affectionately referred to myself as mud.  I found the above photo. It's wonderful.  She looks happy.  She's leaving the earth area to jump into the water.  It's near perfection in my book.

Since I am mud, I need to do some muddy pictures of myself to remind me of my connections to Earth and Water.  The above picture is definitely inspiration. 

(Now that I think about it, it might be very cool and affirming to do a series of photos or collages to represent each of the elements and how I personally view them.  Definitely will have to toy around with that idea in the very near future.  Now I'm all excited about this idea but have other things I must do first since they are priorities.)

I would love to go to the extreme of covering myself in mud and then jumping into a natural body of water to cleanse myself.  Those to the right are also very inspiring but I'm not sure I will be able to make something like that happen.

However, I'm pretty sure I can start out using those on the left as a point of inspiration.  They are playful, fun, and rather simple.

As signs of Spring are showing up everywhere lately and the weather is turning warmer, I know I will have plenty of opportunities to play in the mud.  I will also get to do the joyous activity of wiping the mud from the paws of my dogs and reminding my husband and kids to not track mud into the house.

There is a love of mud and a bit of aggravation as well.  But it is the combination of Earth and Water to create something completely different that I love.  It is where I find balance and peace.

2 comments:

  1. Playing in the mud is fun. I have had a mud facial. But a mud bath would be great. My favorite is playing in the rain or snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played in the mud but it has been much too long. I love being outside while it's raining or snowing. It's just so amazing and I feel so connected.

      Delete