Sunday, October 26, 2014

Virtues

Week 43 - the letter "V"
In February, I did a blog post on Divination.  One aspect I hit on was how I use my Virtues cards as amplifiers to my tarot readings.  Since we are on the letter "v" for the PBP, I wanted to revisit them and give more information.

The Virtues Reflection Cards are a product of The Virtues Project.  The Virtues Project was founded in Canada in 1991 by Linda Kavelin-Popov, Dr. Dan Popov and John Kavelin with the goal of empowering individuals to live more authentic meaningful lives.  The Project also expands to families and raising children, educators, religious/faith leaders, and those in the business world.  It is something that encompasses all people in all locations.

There are specific guides (for the various areas such as education) that focus on The Five Strategies:
  • Speak the Language of the Virtues
  • Recognize Teachable Moments
  • Set Clear Boundaries
  • Honor the Spirit
  • Offer Companioning

I've not explored anything beyond the deck I own.  The deck contains 100 beautiful cards, each listing a virtue, its description, a quote relating to the virtue, how to practice the virtue, and an affirmation.  I use the cards in my readings but have also used them to inspire and/or guide me when I'm journaling or meditating.  It's also interesting to do a daily pull and focus on that virtue for the day.

If you want a virtual reading, explore the website.  You can do a one-card Virtues pick from the home page.  The personal life page allows you to do a Virtues spread.  There are also options to do a family and parenting pick or an education pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment